MY SWEET AND FLUFFY CHOCOLATE CAKE
As a Chef, we learn everyday from mentor chefs, everyday kitchen work and interactions with different chef across different fields.
This is a chocolate cake recipe I learnt from a master baker who is a very good friend. This is quite different from the Chocolate cake recipes out there
Added with my knowledge with chocolate, I had a very lovely time making this lovely cake.
* Wheat Flour (200g)
* Cocoa powder(50g)
* Sugar (300g)
* Refined groundnut oil (2cups)
* Baking Powder (1tsp)
* Vanilla Flavour (2tsp)
* Eggs (3 eggs)
* Salt (pinch)
* Milk ( 100g)
* Hot boiling water (1measuring cup)
I love mixing dry ingredients with dry and wet with wet.
* Sieve your flour, baking powder together in a bowl.
* Add your dry milk, sugar, cocoa powder and pinch of salt
* Break the eggs and mix, add your vanilla flavour.
* Create a hole in the middle and pour in your egg mixture while mixing lightly.
* Add your hot water and mix more this time.
* Lastly, add your groundnut oil and mix thoroughly.
* Grease your baking pan with margarine or oil spray
* Pour in your batter and shake so it sit well
* Pre-heat your oven and Put into your oven and bake at 180°c for 25-30mimutes
* Bake until you Insert a toothpick inside and it comes out clean.
CLICK ON MY NEXT POST TO FIND OUT HOW TO COVER AND DECORATE YOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE.