However, on completion, I realised it was a beautiful dish. The colour is rich brown and the aroma is to die for.
What is a Rice Pilaf?
It can also be cooked too but the preparation is totally different and it goes perfectly well with different types of soups and stew.
It originates around the Asian countries and there are different types being prepared today around the world!
We have the Vegetable rice Pilafs, Mushroom rice pilaf, Asparagus rice pilaf etc
However, what I will be preparing is the Classic Basic Culinary school Rice Pilaf
* Put the butter in the pot and melt on medium set heat
* Add your minced onion and stir until light brown.
Next is the rice. Wash your rice in cold water and rinse out. Try as much as possible to get enough water out.
* Pour in the rice and stir continuously until the rice changes it’s colour into golden brown and the margarine is well incorporated into the rice ( This is also done so the rice doesn’t get burnt)
* Pour in your chicken stock and add your black pepper, thyme and bayleaf.
* Put in 2 cups of water so it could help it cook perfectly.
* Once it’s almost done, you can garnish with mixed vegetables, carrots, shredded cooked, grilled or broiled chicken
I will be so happy to see your comment and your questions and queries will be aptly answered.
You can also contact me privately on this blog.
Love from Caterbakes.