It’s a tradition in my family that the only set of people allowed to kill and cut up a chicken to different body parts are the adults
It’s like a rite of passage the first time you hold down the chicken for your father when he is cutting up a chicken, turkey or a goat.
[tw_posts layout=”1,2″ title=”Trending Posts” posts_per_page=”6″]
How to cut up a Chicken
* The next are the wings. Turn the chicken on its sides, pull away the wings and cut through joints to detach the wings
* Then, remains the body. There are different ways to remove the chest from the backbone region.
1. Lift the chicken from the bottom (anus area) and slice up to remove the whole breast.
2. Place your knife in the middle of the right and left breast and cut straight down. Then work through the ribs to remove the two halves breast completely
* Another area to be removed is the chicken butt or Parson’s nose.
Place your knife in the middle and using the solid lower palm or carpals dislodge the bone there and cut through. Then, remove easily.
The Carcass consist of the back part which consist of the back bone. Don’t throw away, cut into sizes and store in the freezer as base for soups or grills.