ILLEGAL DRUG MARKETING
This post might not be a problem in your country if yours is a developed country that has strong laws against public unregistered drug sales and marketing.
For most African countries and slums around the world, this is rampant and is a daily experience.
Although, this might be argued to be a source of livelihood for thousands involved in this trade.
However, when it comes to human lives and health, I believe no reason is solid enough.
I’m going to buttress my point with real life stories, research, personal experience and interviews I did with people who had taken the unregistered drugs.
Why You Are Likely To Buy;
* They are good marketers: First of all, they are going to give a good story of the village they came from;
How their great grandfather used it to solve different problem in the village
How the secret recipe almost got lost but for the their research and intervention
* They are also going to guarantee you of their permanent route and location with their contact so you could easily find them. Some offers repayment.
* The most efficient way they get your interest piqued or arouse is when they start mentioning symptoms and there is no way one or two of your symptoms won’t be mentioned.
* Symptoms are not ailment!
* Lastly, the drugs are always cheap.
Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before Buying
1. How is it possible for one or two powders you don’t know it’s origin to solve over 30 ailments
2. Since you don’t know it’s constituents, how are you sure you will not react or be allergic to one of the ingredients For example, If you are an ulcer patient, lactose intolerant or allergic to nuts.
3. Diseases and ailments most times have similar symptoms like rashes, body pain, flu etc.
So because the marketer mentioned one of your two symptoms doesn’t mean the drug will tackle your Illness. Only way to know is through Medical Diagnosis and Medical tests.
THE FAKE MARKETER
I was in a bus when this marketer came and was marketing. He was fluent and people were already to buy when someone asked how many grams of diclofenac can a child of less than 3years can use. He said with confidence 100 grams. I died instantly (lol).
Diclofenac is a very strong anti-inflammatory and pain relieving drugs which doctors usually advises a fully grown adult to eat before using.
This will literally almost kill the child as it’s overdose effect are dangerous.
Thankfully, the person that asked was a registered nurse. She raised alarm and strongly opposed him and he left in a hurry.
Another instance: I was in a 911 commercial bus when a marketer said that the causative organism for typhoid is dupakolis… (He mentioned one strange name like that to accomplice it and I wondered if there is nobody in this big bus that is a science student)
Being a Microbiologist, I knew it was Salmonella thyphi and even though, I raised the alarm in my corner, people were still buying.
The question that keeps running in my head was: How will your powdered drug cure my ailment when you don’t even know the name?
DIARRHEA INDUCING DRUGS
So I met a couple in another bus that really seem to be detected by these people. So I stylishly asked them why they seem so angry at the sight of these drugs marketers.
They told me they bought some recently because the marketer was so on point with their symptoms and also gave out her number.
They got home and used and in the 30 minutes, their stomach started grumbling. That was the Genesis of their toilet rotation. The man said they excreted till they had to call their neighbors to help as they thought they would die. They called the numbers they were given and it never went through.
Even after there was nothing in their stomach to pass out again, the feeling didn’t stop. In his words: “We nearly died”
Lastly, I witnessed the death of a friend’s dad who had appendicitis.l and died because they choose to go through these means instead of proper treatment in an hospital.
My summation is; while some people would try to convince you that some drugs do work for them, Endeavor to always go to a registered pharmacy or hospital instead of patronizing the public unregistered drug marketers be it traditional or Western medicine