Hello Guys. Been some time I posted. We have been busy in the kitchen churning out great dishes.
Something has been bothering my mind and that’s the fact that although, smallchops is the most popular finger food in my country, many people have failed in the making of a simple sweet sauce wrapped inside the samosa and spring roll.
So today, we are going to be talking about a very important subject (The Springroll Sauce)
Fried and unfried springrolls
Ok! I’m not going to rush you. We are going to be taking it poco a poco. (Step by Step).
We are talking about the following in the days to come;
- Springroll Sauce
- Springroll Wraps/ Flesh or Skin
- Samosa Wraps
- Samosa Sauces
- Puffs and Banana Fritters
- Corndogs (I have written about it already)
So, Lets Begin. (If these article helps you, be sure to refer me to your friends… For free lessons, questions etc)
The real name of springroll has a prefix and it is called Vegetable Springroll.
It is so named because SPRING ROLLS are expected to be filled with different arrays of stirred fried veggies and what ever addictives you deem fit to be present inside.
Ginger and garlic
Habanero Pepper (spicy pepper)
Addictives of your choice (soysauce, chicken flavour etc)
- To be very efficient in making this sauce, you need to first make sure all your veggies are well cleaned. Wash in salted water or add vinegar in the water used in washing the veggies.
After cleaning, you chop and slice finely all the veggies from cabbage to onions.
3. Then the stir frying starts;
- Pour little oil on the frying pan and put the heat on medium level. (The concept of stir-frying is the art of cooking in medium heat while stirring continuously)
- Once the oil is hot, Pour in your veggies in the following order;
- Spring onions
- Habanero pepper
- Ginger and Garlic
- The reason for these order of entry is because some veggies go soft too easily under heat; a good example is carrot.
- Let this cook for about 2-3 minutes before continuing.
- Green Pepper
- Curry and pre-seasoning (Put some seasoning and salt here; You might still need to add more after all has gone in because Cabbage is an absorber and it will soak in most of the seasoning and salt
- After another 2-5 minutes depending on the size of sauce prepared, you can now put in your carrot and cabbage.
Dont stir immediately, Reduce to low heat and cover. After some minutes, open, stir all together and check/taste if you might need to add more seasonings and salt.
Make sure after washing your veggies, You pat them as dry as possible especially the cabbage.
This is because the cabbage can soak up some of the water an release it while cooking which makes your sauce soggy looking. It will steal the stir fried aura of the sauce.
Make sure you follow the heating procedure. Start with medium heat, reduce the heat when the cabbage enters and later increase it to finish the cooking.
OK! Secret tip:
Sometimes I add little chopped beef to the sauce to improve the taste. It enters from the beginning.
I love you guys and I’m always present to answer all your questions.
Don’t forget to comment and recommend my blog to your friends. I will owe you a lot if you do that.
Stay expectant as we go into the Springroll wraps preparation, Samosa wraps and sauce and other components of the smallchops.