Chicken Fried Rice
Are you tired of the normal fried rice you prepare every holiday? If yes, here is a sweet variant which is the Chicken Fried Rice.
This Chicken Fried Rice will easily become one of your best Lunch or weeknight dinner.
It’s easy to make, filling and perfectly flavored.
You would love this protein packed, chicken and rice combo.
- 3 cups of Basmati Rice
- 1kg Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbs Sesame oil
- 1 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbs of Butter or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbs of Chopped or Blended ginger and garlic
- Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs Powdered Black pepper
- 1 tbs Powdered White pepper
- Sweet corn,carrot,red bell pepper,Cabbage, rona bean
- Spring onions,white onions
- 1/2 Tbs of Vinegar
- 1 Tbs of Oyster sauce
- Dice the carrot, onions and red bell peppers and cabbage into smaller piece.
- Debone, shred and marinate (soak in) the chicken breast with seasoning cubes, salt, blended ginger and garlic, light soy sauce, oyster sauce . Leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Wash the rice until the water is clear
- Per boil the rice with 1-2 tbs of oil, seasoning cubes, white and black pepper,1 tbs of blended ginger and garlic.
- When the rice is 70% done , pour it out in a sieve and drain the water. Keep it aside.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a large saucepan, fry the marinated chicken until its cooked (not golden brown).
- Heat up the butter in a skillet or saucepan, add the diced onion,carrot and red bell pepper,and stir-fry until it’s tender.
- Pour in the cooked chicken,stir fry for a minutes, add the sweet corn and cabbage.
- Add the cooked rice and stir fry on low heat.
- Add 1/2 tbs of sesame oil, soy sauce,oyster sauce.
- Season to your taste.
- Sprinkle the rona bean and spring onions and serve.
I can bet you will come back to thank me if you try this recipe for your fried rice. Your family will love it like I love you.
Kindly share and comment (very important) if you like this recipe.
Chef Wale cares… Happy Holiday.