Peken soup is really tasty and delicious and very easy to prepare.
It’s one of my favorite continental soup.
It consist of Irish Potatoes, chicken , shrimp and you can also add other protein of your choice (beef). It’s very rich in nature.
- 1kg Shredded chicken
- 1 1/2cups of Deveined Shrimp
- Cooked Irish Potato
- 3 Cloves of Minced garlic and a little ginger
- 1Tbs Vegetable oil
- 2 Diced carrot
- 1 Diced Green bell pepper
- Spring onions
- 1/4Tbs Sesame oil
- 1/2Tbs Soy sauce
- 1/2Tbs White powdered pepper
- 1/2tbs of corn flour
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 cup of Water
- Marinate the Shredded chicken and shrimp with salt, seasoning cube, minced ginger and garlic.
- Wash and Cut the Irish potatoes into cubes and bring to a boil until soft. Pour into a sieve and set aside.
- Diced the carrot and green bell pepper into big cubes.
- Put oil into a saucepan and pour in the chicken and shrimp and fry until the chicken and shrimp is cooked; it should not be golden brown.
- When it’s cooked, pour in sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Add in water and 1/2Tbs of white pepper (you could add grinded or blended pepper,depends on how spicy you want it)
- Bring to a boil, pour in the diced carrot and Irish potatoes.
- Let its cook for few minutes, add in the bell pepper (you can use any of the bell pepper: green, red, yellow. I used just the green bell pepper) and spring onions.
- Mix corn flour with water and pour into the soup, little by little, it should not be too thick.
- And season to your taste.
- Your Peken Soup is ready!!!
If you love this recipe, kindly help share and comment to let me know how you feel about these exotic soup.