Sweet and Sour Fish Sauce Recipe
Preparing the sweet and sour sauce is very easy. It is a variant of the sweet and sour chicken sauce for lovers of fish.
This sweet and sour sauce is indelibly sweet and it’s one of my favorite recipe.
It has the perfect consistency, it is very healthy and extremely tasty dish with only a few calories.
- Fish of your choice ( I used croaker fish ) cut into medium size chunks
- 1 Pineapple (Juice reserved)
- 3 tbs of Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbs of Sugar
- 2 tbs of Vinegar
- 1/2 tbs of Sesame Oil
- 1tbs of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbs of Oyster Sauce
- 1tbs of White and Black Powder Pepper
- Chopped or Blended Ginger and Garlic (2 cloves of garlic and a little piece of ginger)
- 1tbs of Corn Flour
- 2 Carrot diced into big cubes
- 1 Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Marinate (Soak/Rub) the fish with blended ginger and garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, seasoning cubes for 30 minutes
- Heat a saucepan with 1/3 cups of Oil over medium heat, fry the fish slices.
- Fry until the fish is lightly brown and cooked, remove with a sieve and set aside.
- Pour the pineapple juice into a pot, add 1tbs of ginger and garlic paste.
- Add in the ketchup and sugar
- Add the seasoning cubes and little salt to taste
- Add the vinegar and a little oyster sauce
- Add the black and white powdered pepper for a little bit of spice .
- Pour in the diced carrot
- Mix the corn flour with a little bit of water and add into your sauce little by little just to thicken it a bit. Bring to a boil.
- Add the fried fish and stir carefully until the fish are evenly coated in sauce.
- Let it boil for a minute and transfer into a plate, best served with rice.
Ifyou enjoy this recipe, kindly help I sharing on all your social media pages. We appreciate you so much and have a great year ahead.
Chef Wale loves you.